MIKID works with families in the following ways:
- We provide services throughout the state for families whose child receives services through the public behavioral health system. Please see the MIKID locations on this website for more information about our services in your area.
- We provide support and education groups for parents. These groups are open for any Arizona parent.
- We provide telephonic support for any Arizona family. Families may reach us by calling 1-800-356-4543
- Information Centers – Print, computer access, links
- Referral to Resources – Referrals to community-based services
- Support Groups – Share, learn and grow with other families
- Education Meetings – On site or webinar
- Support Parents for various types of Judicial hearings.
- Educational Advocacy – Help with school issues (IEP and 504)
- CFT Meetings to support families for both Family Support as well as Respite needs.
- Family Involvement – Where families have voice, ownership and options on every level.
- Housing Needs
- Teen WRAP® (Wellness Recovery Action Planning)
- 40 Developmental Assets®
- Transition Youth/Young Adult Peer Support
- OPTIONS (Depression & Suicide Prevention Program)
- Adult Family Support
- Direct Support Services – Public Behavioral Health System
- Family Support – Understand and effectively utilize the system to better care for their child.
- Respite – To provide an interval of rest and/or relief to both the caregivers and the child.
- Living Skills – Teach independent living, social, and communication skills
- Peer Support – Understand and cope with the stressors of their child’s behavioral health challenges.
- Clothing Closet at every location
- Food Pantry at every location
- Elves Project
- Bread Pantry Donations (Bi – Weekly)
- State Fair Tickets (Yearly)
- Ballet Tickets (Twice a year)
- Furniture Donations
Please see the MIKID locations on this website for more information about our services in your area.