Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mikid406/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-specific-content/User-Specific-Content.php on line 373
MIKID is a non-profit, family run organization that is dedicated to serving children, transitional age youth, and families throughout Arizona. MIKID’s mission is to improve the behavioral health and wellness of children and youth through a family centered approach.
MIKID was started through the efforts of our founder, Ms. Sue Gilbertson, who began her quest to unite families and working together to build a better mental health system for children when her son, Eric, was diagnosed with mental illness in 1984. Through these efforts, families had their very first support group on March 11, 1987, which led to the formation of MIKID.
Today, MIKID employs over 130 professionally trained staff offering an array of services to families of children with emotional and behavioral challenges. MIKID provides education, resources, and support to hundreds of Arizona families annually. MIKID has offices in Phoenix, Casa Grande, Kingman, Nogales, Tucson, & Yuma.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the leadership and management of MIKID. This position provides direction for the achievement of the organization’s mission and strategies and oversees programs and services. The Chief Executive Officer is focused on building and leveraging optimal community relationships to grow resources and financial support for the organization, including negotiating contracts with Medicaid managed care organizations. This position reports directly to and works collaboratively with the Board of Directors. The Chief Executive Officer serves as the face of the organization and as a liaison with the clients and families, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona Complete Care plans, donors and others. This position oversees and collaborates with members of the Senior Leadership Team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Human Service or related field, with a preference for Licensed BH Professional. Independently licensed candidate and candidates with children behavioral health will be given priority.
- Minimum of five (5) years senior management experience in a behavioral health care organization.
- Demonstrated expertise and accomplishments in the behavioral health industry, including knowledge of Arizona’s Children’s behavioral health system.
- Knowledge of Arizona’s public and privatized behavioral health systems, regulations, licensing requirements and funding
- Strong knowledge of insurance systems and practices.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams and engaging community partners.
- Demonstrated integrity and experience in leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating, contracting and modifying management procedures.
This position requires travel across the state, and candidates must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy. Candidates must also be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
To apply please, submit a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org