Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. SafeTALK teaches participants to recognize these invitations, engage with the person with thoughts of suicide, and connect them with resources to help them be safer from suicide.
SafeTALK is a 4-hour suicide alertness training for everyone where the discussion of creating a suicide-safer community with incorporating how to identify people with thoughts of suicide and connecting them to suicide first aid resources using the TALK steps.
Want more information?
Schedule a training at your school or organization. Email us: email@example.comContact Us
- Suicide rates have sharply increased by nearly 25% in the last two decades
- Suicide now claims more lives than automobile accidents each year
- In the U.S., suiciderates are highest during the spring.
- Suicideis the 3rd leading cause of death for 15 to 24-year-olds and 2nd for 24 to 35-year-olds.
- Suicide is the 10thleading cause of death in the US for all ages. (CDC)
- Every day, approximately 123 Americans die by suicide. (CDC)
- There is one deathby suicide in the US every 12 minutes. (CDC)
- Suicide takes the livesof over 44,965 Americans every year. (CDC)
- The highestsuicide rates in the US are among Whites, American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- There is one suicidefor every estimated 25 suicide attempts. (CDC)
- There is one suicidefor every estimated 4 suicide attempts in the elderly. (CDC)
Download our support tools
Looking for more resources?
Check out our download section with documents and tools to help!View More Resources